Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Boris- Heavy Rocks 2002


Unlike the more drone doom influences on earlier albums like 1998's Amplifier Worship or their 1996 debut Absolutego, Boris' 'Heavy Rocks' is more in the vein of punk-influenced stoner rock. There's definitely a sort of retro feeling on this album; I mean, check out the cover- it's orange, with some psychedelic-styled text (the orange sort of reminds me of Can's extremely fantastic 'Tago Mago'). The title track 'Heavy Rocks' is pretty much indicative of the more groove-based style that the rest of the albm follows. In any case, this is a more (traditionally) melodic album- but fast, loud, and distinctly Boris. This album is fucking good and comes highly recommended by me.

In other news, my new goal is to put up what I have of the Boris discography since I already put up Amplifier Worship and this album, so expect a bunch more Boris posts in the future.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3glyzylm2um

2 comments:

  1. dude i'm mad excited you're putting up more Boris--they fucking rock!! do you have the japanese version of smile? right now i'm sporting the us vinyl but wanted to check out the other mixes on the japanese version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah man, i only have the southern lord release- maybe i could get my friend to send me a copy of it.

    ReplyDelete